Saturday 29 September 2012

Lorna Jane Harem Pants

Hey everybody!

So, in my last post, I mentioned I went on a little bit of a Launa Jane haul (There's a hyperlink for you). For those of you who don't know, Launa Jane is a woman's sportswear shop and it is amazing and I'm totally hooked on it. (Also, for those who did read my last post, the Sydney Swans just got another goal and it's 78-78 and he jumped up in a fist pump, and punched a hole in the hanging light on the roof above him. HAHAH!)

Anyway, getting back to the topic of my latest haul, I went to Launa Jane after the alpaca fiasco because several of my Melbournian friends had told me that it's a really good shop so I went to investigate. As I did, I just happened to be in a bit of a pickle and in need of a pair of sports pants and a pair of Harem pants caught my eye and I just couldn't miss it.


They're completely black and they're multipurpose which means I can wear them as tracksuit pants (as I'm doing now), or some gym pants (which was the actual intention of the purchase...heehee) as well as slipping on some bright heels and wearing them to go out.  

I quite like them because they're really boho but still really nice and comfortable. They're also really light weight and breathy so I'm hoping that when I go to the gym tomorrow morning, they'll be really breathable and won't hold a lot of heat in them. I have yet to figure that out, but I'll post it when I do. They're also stretchy which I find good if I just want something to slip into and breathe. 

I'm hoping to get quite a lot of wear out of them. As I say before, they're so comfortable, they're great to just slip on when I'm at home by myself but because of their versatility, I can also wear them out and dress them up a bit which is actually so good.

Also, I got a little black headband kind of thing for an extra five dollars and it's a really interesting material. It's kind of an elastic thing but it also works as a sweat band which I'm looking forward to wearing during my little work out session tomorrow morning.

If I had any criticism for the pants, it would be that they're not good at all when you need something warm to wear. This morning, it got down to at least three degrees Celsius (which for Australia, is pretty damn cold) and I was wearing them and I was chilled to the bone! They do not keep the heat in, but I guess that can be a blessing as well for when it comes to working out in them, it means it doesn't keep the body heat in them. I'm not really familiar with Lorna Jane because normally, I'd shop for my athletics stuff somewhere else, but if I was in charge of the pricing of them, I would reduce the price a fair bit. I got them for $50 which for a pair of Harem pants, I thought was quite pricy, considering that the price I bought them for was a reduced price already. I don't know how much it cost before, but for me, $50 was a bite much. But, having said that, I don't really know the prices that Lorna Jane normally charge for their sportswear so I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion. I think they'd be a good buy, though. The seem to be very wearable, and in the past 24 or so hours I've had them, I'm really loving them.

Anyway, thanks for reading my second blog of the day. I don't really know when I'm going to get another opportunity to blog as I'm quite a bit busy but I'll try!
XX
Lucy de Rouge.

No comments:

Post a Comment